How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies With a Homemade Fruit Fly Trap
Fruit flies are small, annoying insects that are attracted to ripe or rotting fruit. If you’re dealing with a fruit fly infestation in your home, you can try using a homemade fruit fly trap to get rid of them. Here’s how to make one:
- Find a small glass or plastic container that has a narrow neck or opening. A jar, vase, or even a used soda bottle can work well.
- Add a small amount of sweet bait to the bottom of the container. This can be a piece of overripe fruit, a splash of apple cider vinegar, or a mixture of sugar water.
- Cover the container with plastic wrap or a paper cone and secure it in place with a rubber band. Make a few small holes in the plastic wrap or paper cone to allow the fruit flies to enter the container.
- Place the fruit fly trap in a location where you have noticed fruit flies. They should be attracted to the sweet bait and fly into the container through the holes.
- Once the fruit flies are trapped inside the container, they will not be able to fly back out through the holes. You can dispose of the trap and the trapped fruit flies by tossing the whole thing in the trash.
By following these steps, you can create a simple and effective fruit fly trap that will help you get rid of these pesky insects. Just be sure to check and empty the trap regularly, as the bait will start to decompose over time and may attract other pests.
Kenya Fruits Exporters is your number one guide on farming. You will find all the information you need. Kenya Fruits Exporters is the ultimate resource for cultivating your garden.